Do you have a unique passion and "love for the game"? If so, the Foot Locker Foundation is awarding a one-year, $5,000 scholarship to TWENTY associates who demonstrate a unique personal, business, and people passion at work, in the classroom, and in the community. In addition, one of the twenty winners will be selected for the Ken C. Hicks Scholarship award, in honor of our former chairman and CEO. This recipient must demonstrate a superior educational achievement, outstanding leadership, and a true love for the game. This winner will receive an additional $5,000 award (for a total of $10,000).
In order to be eligible for the Foot Locker Associate Scholarship program, Applicants will be judged based on whether they...
- Embody strong moral character. Associate Scholarship Recipients are trusted and respected members of their workplace, schools, and communities and have built long-term relationships with other co-workers, students, and community members.
- Are confident and passionate leaders. They are enthusiastic leaders who take on challenges for the greater good and commit themselves to their passions and causes.
- Are committed to learning and pursuing excellence. Foot Locker Associate Scholarship Recipients are intellectually curious, set high academic goals for themselves, and excel in their work and/or studies.
- Are devoted to giving back to their community and their team. They are committed to their communities through volunteerism or other involvement, dedicated to improving the lives of others and the success of people around them.
Come from diverse backgrounds. Foot Locker Associate Scholarship recipients have unique life stories, are from different places, have varied academic ambitions, and play a wide range of sports.
- Embody Foot Locker's values. Foot Locker Associate Scholarship Recipients uphold our Company's seven core values – Integrity, Leadership, Excellence, Service, Teamwork, Innovation and Community and demonstrate a deep passion for what they do each and every day:
- Personal Passion – Passion for developing oneself as a leader; striving to reach one's fullest potential
- People Passion – Passion for developing and contributing to others, the team, and organization
- Business Passion – Passion for developing the business, achieving objectives now and in the future
Twenty winners of the Foot Locker Associate Scholarship program will each receive a one-time $5,000 scholarship for their unique passion and “love for the game.” In addition, one of the twenty winners will be selected for the Ken C. Hicks Scholarship award, in honor of our former Chairman and CEO. This recipient must demonstrate superior educational achievement, outstanding leadership, and a true love for the game. This winner will receive an additional $5,000 award (for a total of $10,000).
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be either part- or full-time associates employed by Foot Locker Inc. (note: applicants cannot be children of employees). Applicants must also:
Be employed by Foot Locker, Inc. for a minimum of 6 months;
Be interested in entering OR enrolling as a part-time or full-time student in a certificate, undergraduate, or graduate degree program at an accredited community college, two-year or four-year college/university in the Fall of 2020;
Demonstrate personal, people, and business passion, and ultimately, “love the game.” Even if you are not currently playing a sport, you do have a passion to work hard and lead any and every team you are on to victory;
Be employed with Foot Locker, Inc. during the application process AND at the time the scholarship is awarded;
Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (If currently attending school);
Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident (you will be asked to prove citizenship if you win).