The Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program honors student-athletes who demonstrate exceptional academic ability and strong leadership skills in sports, in their schools, and within their communities.
Whether you're the lead scorer or the most spirited team player, we want to hear how you have taken the skills you've cultivated in the locker room and used to them create a powerful, positive impact on the lives of others around you.
In order to be eligible for the Foot Locker Scholar Athletes Program, the applicant must:
Be a high school senior who is enrolled in and scheduled to matriculate (12 semester credit minimum) at a four (4)-year accredited college or university in the United States;
Have been a member in good standing of a sports team at their school and/or involved in an after school or community-based sports program such as intramurals and martial arts;
Have an unweighted Grade Point Average of 3.0 or above from ninth grade to first semester of 12th grade;
Be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident;
Have documented all extracurricular activities (school/community involvement/employment) that he/she participated in from ninth grade to first semester of 12th grade;
Have documented all Community Service that he/she participated in from ninth grade to first semester of 12th grade; and
Have submitted for consideration: evidence of past academic performance and future potential, leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, statement of career and educational aspirations and goals, unusual personal or family circumstances, and an outside appraisal.
All selected Scholars must graduate from a state approved High School in the United States to receive funds.
All selected Scholars must maintain satisfactory academic progress at his/her college or university to receive funds.
Foot Locker Foundation Inc. employees and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this Program.
Twenty Foot Locker Scholar Athletes will each receive $20,000 in college scholarship money for their excellence in school, on their sports teams, and in their communities.
Judges will evaluate each of the fully completed scholarship applications on a points system based on, among other factors:
- Embody good sportsmanship and strong moral character. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes are trusted and respected members of their schools and communities. They have built strong relationships with and will leave a lasting impact on other students, administrators, and community members.
- Display academic excellence. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes are intellectually curious, set high academic goals for themselves, and excel in their studies.
- Are passionate and committed to empowering the community in which they live. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes have made a significant commitment to improving the lives of others.
- Are confident and enthusiastic about being a leader. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes aren’t reluctant role models. They are confident, honest, and passionate leaders who take on challenges for the greater good.
Come from diverse backgrounds. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes have unique life stories, are from different places, have varied academic ambitions, and play a wide range of sports.
- Are Foot Locker Scholar Athletes material. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes share key attributes:
- Proactive and highly motivated
- Inspiring and charismatic
- Honest and trustworthy
- Strong and courageous