The Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program honors student-athletes who demonstrate exceptional academic ability and strong leadership skills in sports, in their schools, and within their communities.
Whether you're the lead scorer or the most spirited team player, we want to hear how you have taken the skills you've cultivated in the locker room and used to them create a powerful, positive impact on the lives of others around you.
Judges will evaluate each of the fully completed scholarship applications on a points system based on, among other factors:
- Embody good sportsmanship and strong moral character. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes are trusted and respected members of their schools and communities. They have built strong relationships with and will leave a lasting impact on other students, administrators, and community members.
- Display academic excellence. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes are intellectually curious, set high academic goals for themselves, and excel in their studies.
- Are passionate and committed to empowering the community in which they live. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes have made a significant commitment to improving the lives of others.
- Are confident and enthusiastic about being a leader. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes aren’t reluctant role models. They are confident, honest, and passionate leaders who take on challenges for the greater good.
Come from diverse backgrounds. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes have unique life stories, are from different places, have varied academic ambitions, and play a wide range of sports.
- Are Foot Locker Scholar Athletes material. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes share key attributes:
- Proactive and highly motivated
- Inspiring and charismatic
- Honest and trustworthy
- Strong and courageous
Twenty Foot Locker Scholar Athletes will each receive $20,000 in college scholarship money for their excellence in school, on their sports teams, and in their communities.
In order to be eligible for the Foot Locker Scholar Athletes Program, the applicant must:
Be entering college in the Fall of 2020 as a Freshman at an accredited four-year institution for an undergraduate degree;
Be currently involved in high school sports, intramural sports, or community based sports.
Have a minimum GPA of 3.0;
Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident (you will be asked to prove citizenship and age if you win);
Not be an employee, officer or director of Foot Locker, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries, or a member of the immediate family of such an employee, officer or director.